The Zone Diet: Is it Worth Trying?
Category : Diet
What Is the Zone Diet?
The Zone Diet was formulated 30 years ago by Dr. Barry Sears with the goal of lessening the case of diet-induced inflammation. It is not a short-lived diet that you can pick up and then drop just as easily, it is a long-term diet with a strong basis on scientific findings. Going on the Zone Diet will help you lose extra weight, improve mental and physical capabilities, and minimise the risk of chronic illnesses, effectively enabling you to have a longer, more fulfilling life.
What Is the Zone?
The Zone is a physiological state that increases your resistance to diet-induced inflammation, which can be measured by going through clinical tests. When you rapidly gain weight, age faster, and are susceptible to sickness, it is a result from the inflammation.
There are three indicators or markers that you can assess to find out if you are in the Zone. When all the markers are within the optimal range, then you are in the Zone; if not, the diet will get you there. These markers are:
|Clinical Markers||Ideal Value||What it Means|
|TG/ HDL Ratio
(Triglyceride/ High-density Lipoprotein)
|<1||Level of insulin in the liver|
|AA/ EPA Ratio
|1.5 – 3||Level of diet-induced inflammation|
|Hba1c||5%||Level of AGE (Advanced Glycoslated Endproducts) in connection with your blood glucose|
In the Zone, controlling your diet-induced inflammation means a longer, better life, which is the diet’s formula to maintain holistic wellness.
Benefits of the Zone
Being in the Zone means you can get these benefits:
- Losing excess weight quickly
- Slowing down aging
- Improved physical performance
- Increased mental capacity
- Maintaining wellness for a long period
How it Works
Sticking to the Zone Diet means keeping up with a strict balance of food to get the right nutrients. The balance in the context of the Zone would be:
- Protein (one-third of your plate) – Have some lean protein, about the size and thickness of your palm. You should also have egg whites, poultry, fish, lean beef, or low-fat dairy.
- Carbohydrates (two-thirds of your plate) – Make sure to have a colorful array of fruits and vegetables in your meal, but be wary of those that are high in sugar (e.g. bananas, grapes, and carrots) or fruits and vegetables that are very starchy (e.g. potatoes and corn).
- Fats – Monounsaturated fat including avocados, almonds, and olive oil are beneficial as well.
Though the Zone Diet is powerful in its own right, it is still just a part of a complete Zone Anti-Inflammatory Program designed to curb diet-induced inflammation for a very long time.
Supplements play a role in the Zone Program. The two powerful supplements are ultra-refined omega-3 fatty acids, and polyphenol supplements. These two, along with the Zone Diet, provide what is needed to stay in the Zone.
Getting a long-life should not be as difficult as it sounds. Follow the Zone Diet to get exactly that, and reap the benefits of a healthy, balanced life.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page